Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What super wide angle lens, 90mm to 120mm, would you recommend for an 8x10

120mm lens on a 8x10 camera will not be a 'super' wide angle lens but just a wide angle.





I suggest buying a 90mm which can cover the full film format.





Schneider Super-Angulon XL series have large image circles (good for architecture) and cover the film plane easily.


Check the Schneider FineArt XXL series too. They are quite sharp and provide good apertures.





With regards to wide angle, I suggest that you also check the image and see the light fall off towards the edges.




I've never used anything bigger than 4x5... I don't think I've ever even *seen* an 8x10 camera.





Sorry to be of no help with the answer. But how many of the users here actually have a clue what you are even talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consumer Electronics